COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei Province, China in late 2019, but has since become a global pandemic.
Vein Care SA has implemented an action plan in accordance with the Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare related specifically to COVID-19.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- An increase in regular cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces and equipment using TGA approved High Leve Disinfection techniques and products.
- Increased training for staff to minimise risk
In addition to this, to maintain a safer environment for all, we ask that you avoid attendance at Vein Care SA if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of Breath
- If you have had a COVID test and have not yet received a negative result.
- Have travelled to (including transiting through) an area considered to pose a risk of Coronavirus transmission in the 14 days prior to your appointment. Please follow links at www.health.gov.au to access a current list of these areas (ie. ‘hotspots’ of potential community transmission within Australia) or countries.
- Have had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having Coronavirus in the 14 days prior to your appointment.
In addition to the above guidelines, please be reassured we are constantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will send up to date advice for every patient prior to any scheduled appointments. This will be sent in conjunction with our standard SMS reminder messages, in the form of an additional SMS, an email or a phone call.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us, should you have any questions or concerns.